Saturday 2 July 2011

day twentyseven


"a song that you wish you could play"

opening your big cakehole and heaven flying out must be the most incredible thing don't you think. all that coming out of just you. gee i envy them the whole everyone i don't know richard hell to doris day all everyone that makes a noise just them oh boy... but alright if it's play you want then it's those big modal chords those bill evans's those horace silver's those those herbie hanckock's those michael garrick's oh my those mccoy tyner's... just imagine

i know you all know but making those noises those big modal chords...

john coltrane - my favourite things

x

2 comments:

davyh said...

Masterpiece.

spud said...

I can't remember a time when I didn't love this music or imagine a time when I won't love it in the future. And I always have a better run if I warm up to this first. This is what 'trance music'ought to mean.