Friday 21 December 2007

thankyou my dears



a hundred posts. who'd've thought it. i blame you lot. i'd've lost interest in this ages ago if you hadn't kept writing stuff that thrilled and tickled and moved me and introduced me to songs and books and films and ideas that i'm amazed i ever got by with without. you're ace. so thankyou.

these are a very small, but especially treasured, bunch of tunes from the last few months that i'm madly grateful for in case anyone missed them. fantabulosa!

planet mondo for the flirtations - nothing but a heartache

iron leg for glen campbell - guess i'm dumb


pogo a gogo for wild billy childish and the buff medways - medway wheelers

the ghost of electricity for tom waits - grapefruit moon


brogues
for chuck jackson & maxine brown - love is a hurting thing

there's a squillion more, marvelous stuff everyday, that i could fill pages with, but i've got packing to do and xmas shopping to panic about and a trip to the seaside to fit in...

bona lavs duckies

ally
x


photo by squid ink

10 comments:

Mondo said...

Thanks Ally - looking forward to many more dusty 7 sizzlers to come. Have a tip top tear up this Christmas

x

davyh said...

Hey you, you make it brilliant for all of us, keep 'em comin' heartface Dx

Anonymous said...

Aww ... Planet Mondo did you proud introducing you to that Flirtations gem! It's a total Glasgow anthem. I dread to think how many times I've flailed around on the dancefloors of the city to it! Coincidentally, I'm listening to the 'Sounds Like' cd by the girls at the mo' and the "it's been lonely since you went away" bit in 'Keep On Searching' cuts me to ribbons every time. You NEED to hear that song if you haven't :)

Have a great Christmas!

FiL said...

Dearest Ally, you flatter me so. Discovering you, your excellent taste in all things, and your lovely stack of dusty sevens has been one of the most bonaroo things that happened to me this year.

May you panic productively.

Anonymous said...

Have a great Xmas and here's to the next 100 posts!Dusty sevens was definitely my favourite internet find of 2007.

(Never heard 'Guess I'm Dumb' or 'Love Is A Hurting Thing' before and I love 'em both. Fine foxy Flirtations video as well.)

dickvandyke said...

Merry Christmas.

Dancing singing and love.

Anonymous said...

I second all that - loving the top quality mp3s. Brogues is right, Nothing but a heartache *is* a Glasgow anthem. Glad to have it on my ipod at last. Best of luck for the move, the holidays and the next 100 posts.

ally. said...

thank you all except adam there who in the true spirit of the season can go fuck himself and his fucking diet crap. i'm off for a pie..
x

The In Crowd said...

Hey Ally - - Congrats on the milestone, and thanks for always providing such compelling distractions.

Thanks again for the link to my blog, and for your always cheery and cheeky comments.

Enjoy the Holidaze!

mr.kenneth said...

thank you ally!


*be smooched*
mr.K & laS